Monday, March 29, 2010

Data Interpretation




This image/result surprised me a bit. I was really expecting more people to think Disney was racist. This image could be interpreted in two ways. The first being that Disney is not racist and that I'm just an over-analyzer. The second being that Disney is racist but people just haven't noticed that much . I will let you take your pick from the two.



This question was kind of a trick for the people being surveyed. The only movie Disney produced from the choices was Aladdin. If a person answered Aladdin as being more racist then at the same time they answered Disney. While Shrek was almost tied with Aladdin it had some interesting history behind it. Dreamworks was the company that produced Shrek which also happens to be a break off company of Disney's. I think this further proves that Disney is racist.

This image was what I was actually expecting only because I expected people to feel pretty neutral about this question. I thought that there would be more people that though that Disney is racist because it's a child hood memory and people tend to be protective of those memories and cherish them.




This is the question that we distributed to the whole ninth grade at my school, so more opinions were expressed. This gave us a little bit of more information to work with. I wasn't really sure what to expect from this question because I think that Disney portrays it's non-white male characters in both good and bad ways. It looks like majority of people feel the same way.



I was absolutely expecting these results! I know that this chart proves my point when I say Disney is racist.

No comments:

Post a Comment